If you’re wondering what’s going on with the $300/wk unemployment bonus ordered by President Trump, you’re not alone. You may be surprised to learn, however, that most states have been approved by FEMA to receive the additional $300 per week benefit (as discussed on our weekly video here). Below is a list of the states that have NOT been approved. If your state is NOT on this list, then you will be receiving this $300 Federal unemployment bonus.
- District of Columbia – Will apply
- Kansas – Will apply
- Nebraska – Probably won’t apply
- Nevada – Applied
- South Dakota – Will not apply
As long as you’re not a South Dakota or Nebraska resident, then you should be ok. But when will you receive the additional $300 unemployment bonus?
- Already Receiving Additional Benefits: Alabama, Arizona, Hawaii, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Missouri, Montana, Texas
- Early September: Alabama, California, Iowa, Kentucky, New Hampshire, Rhode Island
- Mid-Late September: Colorado, Connecticut, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Utah
- October: Alaska, Arkansas, Nevada, New Jersey
- To Be Determined: Delaware, DC, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Maine, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
There are currently 5 states that will be kicking in an extra $100 to round out the total weekly unemployment bonus to $400 per week. Those states are:
- West Virginia
We’ll keep this page up-to-date as we learn more.
Fill out the form below to send us a message and a Dark Horse CPA will reach out to you shortly