If you’re wondering what’s going on with the $300/wk unemployment bonus ordered by President Trump, you’re not alone. You may be surprised to learn, however, that most states have been approved by FEMA to receive the additional $300 per week benefit (as discussed on our weekly video here). Below is a list of the states that have NOT been approved. If your state is NOT on this list, then you will be receiving this $300 Federal unemployment bonus.
- District of Columbia – Will apply
- Kansas – Will apply
- Nebraska – Probably won’t apply
- Nevada – Applied
- South Dakota – Will not apply
As long as you’re not a South Dakota or Nebraska resident, then you should be ok. But when will you receive the additional $300 unemployment bonus?
- Already Receiving Additional Benefits: Alabama, Arizona, Hawaii, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Missouri, Montana, Texas
- Early September: Alabama, California, Iowa, Kentucky, New Hampshire, Rhode Island
- Mid-Late September: Colorado, Connecticut, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Utah
- October: Alaska, Arkansas, Nevada, New Jersey
- To Be Determined: Delaware, DC, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Maine, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
There are currently 5 states that will be kicking in an extra $100 to round out the total weekly unemployment bonus to $400 per week. Those states are:
- West Virginia
We’ll keep this page up-to-date as we learn more.
About Dark Horse CPAs
Dark Horse CPAs provides integrated tax, accounting, and CFO services to small businesses and individuals across the U.S. The firm was founded to save small businesses (and their owners) from subpar accounting and tax services and subpar client experiences. These small businesses are Dark Horses among their larger and more well-known competition. Being a Dark Horse CPA means advocating for small businesses by bringing them the tax strategies and accounting insights previously reserved for big business. Get a quote today.